
Just yesterday, I hooked up with a long time friend who I haven't seen for almost 2 years. and man....
he still looks the same. he dresses up the same, perks up the same, and still quite straight forward as ever... anyhoo we went to this book signing frenzy.
The author was David Sedaris.
I was quite late for the session. I tried to find the nearest bookstore went round the mall at circles just to find this bookstore...then finally deciding to go to the session corner and i'll jsut have to ask if they sell books....er...using credit card.
Then after buying the book, registered, then my friend Ken tapped my back.
then finally came the book signing....I got a crappy number "53"th turn to David to sign my book. Then viola! finally my turn... David then asked me,
"Hello, what's your name?"
"I'm M-m-Or-K", me saying in a nervously and stuterring manner
"M-O-R-C? how do you spell it?"
"M-A-R-K" I replied.
"Hello Mark, how old are you?" he asked with a happy expression
I paused for a while and said "uh, 21"
"your working already?"
"yes, as a graphic artist..."
"Really??! your working already??"
I again paused to think..Hell yeah I bet he's surprised, nobody from the States work at my age. well here at my country, schooling here's fast.
"Do you always go to Jollibee?"
I went like "huh?"
and said "I go there but not always"
I wondered why would David ask something like that, but it was quite funny yet it made me think in some ways... (yes, Jollibee is a Filipino trademark....i forgot..)
after that, he bid me something like "See you at Jollibee.."
I went "huh??" again...then when I read his dedication in the book for me, it says:

Then I went, this David guy really is a funny guy (though I haven't read any of his books yet, with the exception of the first few pages of the book I bought) anyways I'm so happy I got a new book to read. Now, the passion to book reading starts here! haha...