Monday, June 08, 2009

Architecture in Play

Hah! not only B is the one aging! even LEGO is! Lego is older than B! well 20 years more! I loved Lego when I was a kid thanks to the guys who made them, it has enhanced and made my childhood more creative and fun. When I was a kid, I created houses, two storey buildings, bridges, malls, train stations, airports name it I tried to build it. But the weird thing about me is, I often enjoy more destroying and creating a disaster scene with it, rather than the building. It somehow gives me satisfaction destroying what I built..weird no? Scenes which sometimes disturbing I pretend that the lego people's hands or legs chop off. Legos price isn't that cheap so I just had four sets of 'em (the small ones).

Right now Lego has taken off into a different level but the same time maintaining the fun & creativity factor that they have and will give to kids. This new line of them has fascinated me. They have collaborated with architectural artist Adam Reed Tucker of Brickstructures and came out with a line called Lego Architecture. It's really quite impressive if you ask me. It's a replica of a historical/ iconic landmarks & structures translated into Lego. Now you can own a piece of the exhibit too!
Any fan of Lego would go gaga over this. If I have the budget, maybe I will too (though I know this will be pricey)! I kinda miss playing with Lego. Maybe playing again will help me to exercise my creativity haha. If Iam a kid and my parents will buy me this, I will be the coolest kid in town and perhaps create a desicion for me to be an architect (I dreamt to be one few years back..surprised? ha ha). Oh well, I took a different path after all... :)

for more info about the product go here

oh I got this heads up from Design Scene. Thanks :)